About RBI Officer (Grade B):
- The maximum permissible number of attempts (for candidates belonging to Unreserved/General Category) has been increased from 4 to 6.
- The gap between the Phase I and Phase II examinations is reduced to 2-3 weeks (Earlier the gap used to be about 2 months)
- All the three papers of Phase II have gone online from pen paper mode.
- Paper 2 of Phase II is Descriptive English and this goes online from the pen paper mode. Duration reduced from 3 hours to 90 minutes
- Paper 1 and Paper 3 are Economic & Social issues and Finance Management & Statistics, goes online from pen paper mode and duration is reduced from 3 hours to 90 minutes.
- Syllabus of Finance stands revised.
- The Phase-I examination will continue as per the existing Phase-I examination
- The interview will continue in its existing format.
- No change in eligibility criteria
(A) Scheme of Selection:
Selection will be through Examinations and Interview. Examinations will be held in two phases [Phase-I ONLINE Examination (Objective Type) and Phase-II ONLINE Examinations- Paper 2 is Descriptive and Paper 1 and 3 are Objective]
(I) Phase-I ONLINE Examination (Objective Type):
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
Duration - 120 Minutes
Max Marks – 200
|S.No.||No. of tests||No. of Ques||Max Marks||Total Time|
(B) Final Selection:
Final selection will be through merit lists which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II + Paper-III) and Interview.
Cut off marks:: Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as aggregate. Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each Test will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the Examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in the Objective Test.